There are some general rules regarding the rental of our ORVs:
- You must have your valid driver’s license when you come in for your rental. All ORV passenger accommodations are subject to the designated weight load for the vehicle. Approx. 500# for the 2 seat vehicles and 1100# for the 4 seat vehicles.
- You are responsible to supply and install your own front-facing Child Safety Seat. They may only be used in the rear seat of the Kawasaki Teryx vehicles and not in any of the 2 seat ORV’s Michigan Child Safety laws apply in these vehicles.
- The vehicle assigned to you for rental is the vehicle that you must return. No exceptions!
- Eye wear is required – State Park/Dept. of Natural Resources rules! Eyeglasses, sunglasses and goggles qualify. Remember to bring them, or these can be purchased at our store.
- Teryx – 21 or older to rent and drive with valid driver’s license.
- 2 seat ORVs and ATV – 18 or older to rent / 16 or older to drive with valid driver’s license (learner permits not considered license). If under 18, parent or guardian must be present to sign liability release form.
- Minimum rental contract period is 2 hours.
- A deposit of $750.00 per vehicle is required at time of rental. This may be paid in cash or we can authorize a credit card for that amount should it be needed. Rental deposit is refunded upon completion of contract, subject to ORV inspection.
- Riding in an ORV is NOT recommended for pregnant women.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and Cash. Sorry, No CHECKS or American Express!
- Reservations are recommended!
- Driving any type of vehicle on sand dunes entails a certain amount of risk.
- Renter is advised that driving a rental vehicle on the sand dunes is at Renter’s own risk.
- Silver Lake Buggy Rentals does not assume liability for property damage, loss, theft, or personal injury.
- Be sure to read entire rental contract prior to signing.
- See a copy of our rental agreement.
- If you have made a reservation, you must arrive 30 minutes prior to reservation for processing.
- There are forms to fill out, a safety video to watch, licenses to check and usually questions to answer.
- If you are going to be late, please contact and speak with our staff for details. Missing a reservation time could be considered No Call / No Show – No Refund.
- If a reservation is cancelled, a gift-card that is redeemable at Silver Lake Buggy Rentals will be issued. Cancellations must be made before a minimum of 24 hours of the scheduled time. Cancellations within 24 hours of the appointment will not be refunded.
- Also please make sure that your watch is set to MICHIGAN TIME (EST). Many of our guests come from different time zones and this can create missed reservations, especially during the peak vacation times when everything is booked throughout the entire day.
- LARGE GROUPS – We encourage you to avoid holidays and Saturdays in July and August to enable you to have a more pleasurable experience.